Cluster Bean Fry
Cluster beans is a very healthy and nutritious vegetable with many health benefits. Cluster beans fry is an easy and quick South Indian style recipe prepared with cluster beans and few simple spices which can be easily sourced and which We use daily in our everyday cooking. This is a great side dish for your meals. A soulful dish which you will find in every South India household.
- 200 gm Cluster beans
- 1 tbsp Urad dal
- 1 tbsp Gram dal
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 Red dry chili break into pieces
- 1 Onion medium finely chopped
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Chilly powder
- Water as required
- Coriander leaves chopped
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Bowl water in a pan. When it starts to boil add the cluster beans and cook for around 5 mins. Turn off the heat and let it stand for 2 mins. Drain the water and keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil. Add the gram dal and the urad dal. Sauté till it starts to change the colour.
- Add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves and let it crackle.
- Add the red chilly and onion and sauté till onion turns soft. Add turmeric powder and chilly powder and sauté for a min.
- Add salt and the cooked beans and mix well. Cover the pan and cook in medium heat stirring in between for about 5-7 mins.
- Add chopped coriander leaves, mix well and take off the heat.
Buy on Amazon
Calories: 145 kcal | Carbohydrates: 17 g | Protein: 5 g | Fat: 10 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6 g | Trans Fat: 0.04 g | Sodium: 15 mg | Potassium: 139 mg | Fiber: 3 g | Sugar: 2 g | Vitamin A: 243 IU | Vitamin C: 49 mg | Calcium: 114 mg | Iron: 2 mg