This is a loaded drink with Indian spices that are commonly used in all Indian kitchen on regular bases. Experts say that the spices used in Indian and Asian food can help speed up the metabolic rate, suppress appetite and even stop fat cells from reappearing. So in this drink you can feel the same. Can store this upto two days when refigiated
Yield / Serves
Best Sellers on Amazon
To grind:Black whole pepper 1/2 tsp
Jeera 1 tsp
Garlic cloves 10pods
Coriander seeds 1/2 tsp
Toor dhal 1/2 tsp
Bengal Gram dhal 1/2 tsp
Thick Tamarind extract 1 tsp
Additional items: salt to taste
Coriander leaves 1tbsp
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
To dry roast: mustard seeds 1tsp
Fenugreek seeds 1/4 tsp
Grind all the ingredients under "to grind". It will be coarse paste. now mix it with 300ml of water.. dry roast mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds. Grind this together as a dry powder
Add salt, turmeric powder, asafoetida (hing)and curry leaves.
Now boil it until bubbles form at the top.switch off. Add the 1/4 tsp of grinded powder.Add 1tsp sugar and coriander leaves.
Leave it aside for 10min. This resting time is given for the juice from the spices to mix up with water and the remaining residue of the spice to settle down.
Can drink it after 10min of resting time. You can feel the mild spice in your throat in every sip. It will not be too spicy because the hottnes from the spice is reduced by adding Tamarind and sugar.
- This is healthy dink which can be consumed by all age.
- It helps in digestion hence can mix with rice or hot idly and can be eaten. Can be given to toodlers.
- If u wish to reduce the spice level can do seasoning. By just adding mustard seeds and curry leaves in hot oil and add it to the water.
- Can replace Tamarind pulp with lemon juice and sugar with jaggery
- Can add 1red chili while grinding for extra spice.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Rated 4.5 based on 4 votes
Be the first to rate this post.
Share on pinterest
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Browse by Served As
Browse Recipes By