Mushroom Ghee Roast
Mushroom Ghee Roast is a Mangalorean dish made from grated coconut, tamarind, and cashew nut gravy simmered in ghee taking the gravy to a whole new level.
- Button Mushrooms 200 gms
- Ghee 1 tbsp + 1 tsp
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Onions finely chopped 1 cup
- Cashew nuts 50 gms
- Coconut Grated Ã‚Â½ cup or 100 gms
- Kashmir Red Chilies 5-6 whole
- Tamarind Paste Ã‚Â½ tbsp
- Wash mushrooms and pat dry using paper towel. Chop into bite sized pieces.
- Grind together coconut, cashew nuts, red chilies into a smooth paste, adding very little water.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee and oil in a non-stick pan. Once hot, add onions and fry for a minute. Add half a teaspoon of salt and fry till onions are soft but not brown.
- Now add the ground coconut masala. Mix and fry till oil separates from the gravy (appoximately 10 minutes).
- Now add the tamarind paste. Cook till tamarind paste blends into the gravy.
- Add chopped mushrooms to this gravy,Cook the gravy till mushrooms are cooked completely and keep frying till oil separates from the gravy. Adjust salt. Add a teaspoon of ghee and fry for just one minute. mix and keep frying till mushrooms are slightly soft. Add water little at a time.
- Cook the gravy till mushrooms are cooked completely and keep frying till oil separates from the gravy. Adjust salt. Add a teaspoon of ghee and fry for just one minute.
- _x000D_ Serve hot with Neer Dosa, Appam, Rice or even Roti. _x000D_ _x000D_
- Try and use fresh mushrooms for better texture. _x000D_
No comments yet
I love mushrooms. Surely try this. Looks delicious and recipe is easy to prepare. Thanks Sahana Pai for the wonderful recipe.
This is so much yummyy!! 🙂
Yummy….finger licking good