Spicy Mushroom Pepper Fry
Mushrooms are my familyâ€™s favorite, particularly my daughterâ€™s. So I cook it atleast once in a week, apart from too many mushroom recipe, I have tried this one which was too good in taste, colour and aroma.
- Mushrooms â€“ 300 gm
- Onions â€“ 1 no medium sized
- Tomato â€“ Â½ no medium sized
- Ginger-garlic paste â€“ 2 tbsp
- Chili powder â€“ Â½ tsp
- Garam masala â€“ Â½ tsp
- Dry red chillies â€“ 2 nos
- Black peppercorns â€“ 1 tbsp
- Fennel / Saunf â€“ 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds â€“ 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds â€“ 1 tsp
- Oil â€“ 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves â€“ two strings
- Peel and finely chop the onions and tomatoes.
- Clean the mushrooms. Slice them into two pieces.
- Heat a tsp of oil in a kadai. Add dry red chilies, peppercorns, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, coriander seeds and fry them till the raw smell goes off. Bring it room temperate and grind them to a fine powder.
- Heat the leftover oil in a kadai. Add half of the curry leaves, onions and ginger â€“garlic paste. SautÃ© those till the onions turn transparent.
- Add in the tomatoes and sautÃ© them till they become mushy.
- Add in the sliced mushrooms and red chili powder, salt, garam masala. Saute till for few mins, till the mushroom oozes out and then dries out.
- Add in the grounded masala powder and the left over curry leaves. Stir it well, till the masala get blend with mushroom and leaves its raw smell.
- Serve hot with steamed rice, curd rice or any Indian breads.
- Note: This recipe can also be prepared using cauliflower, chicken and mutton.
No comments yet
Yummy let me try
This is mouth watering for sure…
Wow, this looks so yum… I love mushrooms too 🙂
I love mushroom and would try this for sure.