Red Rice Poha Congee Or Soup
Roasted Red Rice poha is combined with pottukadalai (Chutney dhal), roasted urad dhal flour, ragi and cooked in water, palm sugar & milk. The taste is further enhanced with cardamom powder. I use red rice poha as its more healthier then the white poha. However it can replaced with regular white poha. Since all the ingredients are roasted the cooking time of this congee is faster. Make sure the red rice poha and the chutney dhal are blended together as a coarse mix rather than a fine mix.
- 2 tbsp Red Rice Poha
- 1 tbsp Bengal gram Chutney dhal / Pottu kadalai (Roasted)
- 1 tbsp Urad Dal Flour Roasted
- 1 tbsp Ragi Flour
- 1 tbsp Palm sugar
- ½ cup Milk
- 2 cup Water
- ¼ tsp Cardamom powder
- Dry roast red rice poha until a nice aroma comes and allow it to cool
- Take a mixer and add red rice poha, chutney dhal and blend to a coarse mixture.
- Transfer it to a cooking pot and mix with urad dhal flour, ragi flour. Add water little by little and mix well without forming lumps.
- Add the remaining water and allow it to boil.
- When boiling add cardamom powder, palm sugar and milk. Mix well and allow it to boil for one more time.
Calories: 191 kcal | Carbohydrates: 35 g | Protein: 7 g | Fat: 3 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g | Cholesterol: 7 mg | Sodium: 52 mg | Potassium: 201 mg | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 7 g | Vitamin A: 122 IU | Vitamin C: 1 mg | Calcium: 129 mg | Iron: 6 mg
No comments yet
This seems to be so healthy. I will definitely try.