Breakfast Muffins are a great treat for breakfast. It combines bread, eggs and veggies, all in a compact muffin
- 6 egg
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 1 large tomato finely chopped
- A bunch of fresh spinach finely chopped
- 6 slice of brown bread
- 4 cubes of grated processed cheese
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Oil to grease the muffin tray or muffin liners
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- In a large bowl beat the eggs with chilli flakes and salt.
- Chop the spinach, onions and tomatoes.
- Cut the brown bread into circles which fit in your muffin tray. Grate the cheese.
- Now either grease the muffin tray well or use muffin liners. Keep in mind that the muffins stick to the muffin tray, so itâ€™s better to use muffin liners.
- Now start assembling the muffins. First go the bread base, followed by the cheese, then the veggies and finally the egg. The egg should be added till 3/4 th full.
- Put the tray in the oven for 45 minutes or till done
- You will know that the muffins are done when the muffins have risen and are lightly browned on top.
- If you are not using the liners, let the muffins cool slightly, then with a thin knife, loosen the sides and base. Remove from the tray and serve warm along with some ketchup.