Aval / Poha Pakodas
A chatpata snack which can be made very easily for the evening snack or school return snack or for unexpected guests. It is also a very different starter for any party or potluck. This pakodas stay crispier for a very long time and tastes yummy than besan flour pakodas...
- Aval / Poha / Rice flakes 2 cups
- Finely chopped onions 1 cup
- Finely chopped ginger and green chillies 1 tea spoon each
- Finely Chopped curry leaves mint leaves and coriander leaves hand ful
- Raw rice flour 3 table spoons
- Besan flour 3 tea spoons
- Oil for deep frying
- Wash the Poha and soak them in water for 15 minutes. Then place them in a strainer and take the water completely out. Squeeze the poha and put them in a broad bowl.
- Add all the chopped items, salt and flours. Mix well with hand. Heat oil in a pan.
- Take rough balls of small size and drop them in oil. Fry them in medium flame to dark brown and serve.