Oats Chicken Soup
A healthy soup with lentils, oats and chicken along with freshly powdered pepper and salt. You can also try this recipe with vegetables like carrots, French beans instead of chicken. This goes out well for breakfast along with toasted breads or can be served as starter for lunch. This soup is packed with healthy nutrients and so this can be a good source of food in times of sick. Health benefits of Oats: Oats increase appetite-control hormones, it helps to cut the use of laxatives, helps in reducing the risk of type 2 Diabetes, improves insulin sensitivity, lowers bad cholesterol and help control blood pressure. Let us move on to the recipe
- Oats 3 tbsp
- Red lentil / Masoor dal / Mysore Paruppu 3 tbsp
- Chicken 200 gm
- Cumin powder ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds a pinch
- Pepper powder 1 ½ tsp
- Onions 1 no
- Coriander leaves 7 stalks
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Clean and wash the chicken thoroughly. Finely chop them into small pieces.
- Finely chop the onions and coriander leaves. Keep it aside.
- Pressure-cook, masoor dal in water for 3 whistles (it should be mashed well).
- Heat oil in a kadai, add in the cumin seeds, onions and cook until they turn light brown.
- Add in the chicken pieces followed by little salt and cook until the chicken turns pale white in colour.
- Add in the oats along with a cup of water, little salt, coriander leaves and cook for 5 mins.
- Pour in the boiled masoor dal along with half cup of water followed by little salt and a pinch of cumin powder.
- Cover and let it cook for 10 mins, keep in medium flame, stir it once in a while and continue cooking.
- Remove from fire, once when it thickens and sprinkle few coriander leaves.
- Serve hot. I have accompanied this with chicken kebab.