Neeragaram Pazha Soru Kanji
Neeragaram or Pazha Soru Kanji is a traditional summertime pre-breakfast congee type drink that is full of probiotics and vitamins that are rarely found in vegetarian cuisine.
- 1 cup white rice cooked
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup shallots finely chopped
- 5-6 sprig coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 green chilies finely chopped
- 5-6 sprig curry leaves finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Soak cooked rice along with water and allow it ferment overnight.
- Next morning, churn the rice mixture, add buttermilk, salt and chopped mixture.
- Serve immediately or allow it to rest for upto an hour or two in an earthen pot.
- Serve is glasses/tumblers. You can add mango pickle, Curd soaked dry red chilies or any other flavours to add variety.
Buy on Amazon
Calories: 409 kcal | Carbohydrates: 88 g | Protein: 9 g | Fat: 2 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.5 g | Cholesterol: 3 mg | Sodium: 122 mg | Potassium: 370 mg | Fiber: 4 g | Sugar: 7 g | Vitamin A: 578 IU | Vitamin C: 109 mg | Calcium: 107 mg | Iron: 2 mg
No comments yet
Pic is stunning!!
This is a very traditional and regional recipe
What a beautiful click <3