- In a Bowl, add curd, water, black salt, salt and cumin powder. Blend it well.
- For tempering: Heat up ghee/oil in a small bowl. Once the ghee/oil is hot, add mustard seeds. when the mustard seeds start crackling, add cumin seeds and hing. Then Add curry leaves and green chilies, remove it from the flame.
- Now pour the tempering on top of the buttermilk. Add chopped Cilantro and Mint leaves. Mix it well.
- For Dhungar( the smoky flavour): Take 1 cube of Coal, hold a cube of coal with tongs on top of a flame.
- After 2 minutes, put the coal in a small steel bowl and put that bowl on the top of the buttermilk.
- Now add 1/2 tsp ghee, a pinch of red chilly powder and cumin powder on top of the coal. And once the smoke starts coming out, immediately Cover the lid. Keep it covered for about 2 minutes, so it captures the smoky flavor / aroma.
- Now remove the small bowl and give a quick stir. and serve it chilled in a glass.
Buy on Amazon
Barbecue Glazed Lamb Chops, Mash Potato, Buttered Baby Carrots
This one is going to make you drool like anything, do give it a try…
A box of assorted spritz cookies for the holiday season. Also known as butter cookies,…
LUP’PI / BESAN KA SHEERA
Comforting, nutritious and delicious Punjabi style chickpea flour sweet soup that can double up as…
Lazy Women’S Mango Cobbler
After eagerly waiting for a very good reason to make my 'Lazy women's Mango Cobbler'.…
Eggless Jaggery Date Cake
We all love cakes but we are constantly afraid of eating too many calories. So…
Bal Mithai – Uttarakhand Dessert
Bal mithai is a delicious, Tasty and Delightful famous sweet of Uttaranchal. It's one of…
Indian food that every traveler must try this monsoon
India is not just a country full of the bounty of Nature but it is also bountiful when it comes…
How To Win A Recipe Contest? Tips By A Professional Chef
How To Win A Recipe Contest? CHEF SPEAKS: A message in the wee hours of the morning on the Facebook messenger…
How To Make Almond Milk
Just like healthy relationships, healthy habits are crucial. With so many people becoming vegan these days, the search for an…
11 Plant Based High Protein foods including vegetables for vegetarians
Plant Based High Protein foods! Every vegetarian and vegan is tired of their non-vegetarian friends mocking them about how their…
Unveiling the Impact of Coffee on Energy, Focus, and Mood: A Journey to Optimal Health
The Impact of Coffee on Energy, Focus, and Mood? Coffee is an important part of a lot of people’s daily…
5 Easy Sauces You Should Master For Party
Toppings and dips make EVERYTHING better. Be it pasta, or pizza, or your grilled chicken. That being said, finding a…
No comments yet
Excellent buttermilk. Loved your detailed explanation.
Mehek it is excellent you have shown in a systematic way
Wow, This is quite unusual for the buttermilk recipe. Quite innovative Mehek. Welcome to the Plattershare community. Keep sharing your recipes.