Indian Probiotic Drink ( Carrot Kanji)
the kanji is made with simple ingredients â€“ carrots, mustard powder, red chilli powder and black salt along with water.Â the mustard added to the kanji helps in keeping the body warm in the chilly winters of the north. the kanji drink is had as an appetizer. it has a sour, spicy & pungent taste.
- 5-6 medium carrot
- 1 litre water
- 1 tsp red chilli pwr
- 2 tbsp mustard pwr
- 1 tsp black salt
- 1 tsp Salt
- rinse and then peel the carrots .
- chop into long pieces.
- cover with a lid or muslin cloth and keep the jars in the sun for 3-4 days.
- stir with a wooden spoon everyday before keeping the jars back in the sun.
- when the kanji tastes sour, it means the drink is fermented
- serve carrot kanji straightway or refrigerate.