Millet Flour And Herbs Flatbread (Bajre Jo Dodo/ Bajre Ki Roti)
Millet Flour & Herbs Flatbread (Bajre Jo dodo/Bajri ki Roti) is typically a healthy Sindhi breakfast. Millet flour is protein rich and fibrous and a good source of calcium, iron and phosphorus. When this herb-flatbread is eaten with coriander chutney or lassi or yoghurt, its nutritive value is epitomized. what makes this flatbread different from other flatbreads or rotis is that it is not rolled to obtain its circular shape . Instead each flatbread is shaped by hand.
- Millet flour bajre ka atta 2 cups
- Whole wheat flour 1/4 cup
- Fenugreek methi leaveschopped 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves chopped 1/4 cup
- Spring onions chopped 1/4 cup
- Fresh green garlic chopped 1/4 cup
- Regular garlic 4-5 pods finely chopped
- Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Oil for the rotis
- Water to knead dough
- In a wide vessel put the millet flour and wholewheat flour
- To this add fenugreek leaves, spring onions, fresh green garlic, regular garlic, coriander leaves, chillies, salt and turmeric powder
- Add the shortening to the above flour.
- Knead the flour with water till soft mushy dough is formed.
- Heat a griddle.
- Grease your palms with oil.
- Take a lump of the dough and gently flatten and shape into round discs.
- Flip the flour disc/ roti onto the griddle and with wet hands flatten this roti/disc further till thin. Must work with quick hands in the step.
- Let the roti cook on one side. Flip and cook on other side.. Spread a little oil on both sides. Remove from griddle when cooked.
- Repeat for the remaining rotis/ flatbread.
- Serve these flatbread/rotis hot with green chutney, chill pickle and lassi.
You can spread gee instead of oil if you do not have guilt feelings about consuming ghee.
Paneer Jalebi Ice-cream Sandwich
Jalebi – A tempting desi dessert with some yummy innovation.
Lazy Women’S Mango Cobbler
After eagerly waiting for a very good reason to make my 'Lazy women's Mango Cobbler'.…
Khaja / Kaja (Mahaprasad From Jaganaath Dham)
'Khaja' or 'pheni' is a crisp and flaky sweet that is a favorite of Lord…
Pumpkin Pie Spice & Chia Seeds Pikelets
A sweet and spicy Pumpkin pie spice Pikelets or small, fluffy pancakes with the superfood…
Brown Bread Veg Sandwich
A perfect healthy brown bread sandwich, creamy curd cold sandwich has the creamy hung curd…
Apple Cinnamon Detox Drink
Detox water is water infused with flavours and beneficial properties which help to burn calories…
What Is Japanese Sushi? A Low Calorie Street Food From Japan And Its Types
Ever since Japanese cuisine has grabbed the attention of food lovers across the globe, Japanese sushi is the first dish…
Spruce Up Your Favorite Cereal! 15 Ways to Do So
You have been having your favorite cereal for some time but have gotten bored. So you’re thinking of switching things…
Vegan Baking – Is It Really Possible To Bake A Vegan Cake
Bake a Vegan Cake? Vegab Baking? What is veganism? Is it possible to live on a vegan diet? Is it…
5 Easy Ways To Make Cold Brew Coffee
Don’t waste your money on pricey coffee drinks. Learn these 5 easy ways to make cold brew coffee instead. They’re…
Avakai: The Fiery “Must Have” And Popular Mango Pickle From Andhra
Mango Pickle From Andhra: Avakai! Tomorrow, April 22, is Aam Achaar Day! Ah! Achaar, especially mango pickle is a must…
Give Out A Beautiful Smile: How To Prevent Coffee Stains On Teeth?
How To Prevent Coffee Stains On Teeth? Most people start their day with a cup of coffee. The warmth, aromatic…