Mustard Leaves And Maize Roti (Sarson Ka Saag Makke di Roti)
This is a Punjabi recipe famous all over. Winter has been started so there are fresh greenary in the market. Sarson saag is available now, I thought to cook. But sarson saag itself is incomplete we have to combine with other saags that is spinach and bathua. These are contains antioxidant and develop the metabolism. We must try all these at least in whole winter season to build our health.
- Mustard leaves 250 grams
- Chinopodium bathuwa 100 grams
- Spinach palak 100 grams
- Chopped 0nion 1/2 cup
- Garlic 1 tbsp
- Ginger 2 tbsp
- Green chilli 4-5
- Coriander powder 2 tsp
- Cinnamon powder 1/2 tsp
- Fresh cream 2 tbsp
- Home made garam masala 1 tbsp
- Roasted Lotus seeds 10 - 12
- Butter 1 tbsp
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Maize flour 1 cup
- Whole wheat 1/2 cup
- Ghee 2 tbsp
- Wash and chopp all leaves.
- Make a par boil then cool and make a smooth paste.
- Take a frying pan heat, add oil then chopped onion. Stir fry then add ginger paste, garlic paste, green chilli paste, coriander powder, cumin powder and cinnamon powder. Mix together and cook for a few minutes.
- Make a paste with curd and maize flour and pour.
- After cooking a few minutes add makhana and fresh cream. At last butter and garam masala.
- Now make the makke di roti. Make a dough with maize flour and wheat flour pinch of salt and 1 tsp ghee. Bake like chapat apply butter.
- Serve makke di roti with sarson saag.
In winter it keeps warm and healthy.