Pol Roti / Sri Lankan Coconut Roti
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- Â½ cup Grated Coconut
- 1 tsp Salt or as per your taste
- Â½ cup water
- 2-3 tbsp Coconut oil
- In a mixing bowl add the seived flour, grated coconut, salt and mix them well together.
- Add water little at a time and Knead it to make a smooth dough.
- Cover the dough in a kitchen towel and set aside for few mins. You can opt this step if you are in a rush.
- Divide the dough into medium size and roll them into balls.
- Take the balls and slightly flatten them. Dust the balls with flour and roll them into medium thickness roti with a help of rolling pin.
- Heat a tawa preferably iron cast. Grease the tawa with few drops of oil and cook the roti for about 2 mins on low heat or untill you see golden brown spots.
- Drizzle one or two drops of oil, flip over and cook for 1-2 mins and remove them.
- Serve the roti with pol sambol or curry of your choice.
Crispy Ladies Finger / Kurkuri Bhindi
Crispy Ladies Finger or kurkuri bhindi is a very tasty and delicious snacks and it…
Whole Wheat Beetroot Garlic Naan
Naan made of whole wheat flour simply tastes just as delicious as any regular plain…
Chocolate Chia Mousse Tartlets
Practically effortless, scrumptious and guilt free, chia mousse treat that can be enjoyed for breakfast…
Rava Cake Recipe In Pressure Cooker
Learn how to make suji cake recipe in a pressure cooker. Semolina cake/ rava cake…
Eggless Chocolate Mousse
This Recipe of Eggless chocolate Mousse is the perfect and quick Valentine dessert which you…
Dhone Potar Bora
Dhone potar bora is very famous Bengali cuisine in hot summer days. It has made…
4 Benefits Of Using Smoked Spices In Cooking
Salt and spices are essential staples in the kitchen. Both are used in almost every flavorful dish. Food would be…
5 Best Hand Blenders in India
What are the 5 Best Hand Blenders in India? When it comes to hand blenders, there are a lot of…
Gelato vs Ice cream vs Custard vs Frozen yogurt vs soft serve – What’s the difference?
How many times have you heard these terms which confuse the hell out of you? All you wanted was an…
The Complete Guide To Baking Bread at Home
There’s no denying that the Covid-19 pandemic has had a profound impact on our lives. One of the privileges we…
12 reasons why you should bake your own bread at home
“Don’t eat white bread, it’s made from all-purpose flour which will get stuck in your intestine”, shouted her mother. Eat…
7 Secret Cabbage Benefits for Health, Cabbage Vitamins & How To Grow Cabbage
Do you know Cabbage Benefits for Health, Cabbage Vitamins & How To Grow Cabbage? No? Then, just read on… Brassica…
No comments yet
Add more mouth watering recipes.
Yummy & new kind of roti
Delectable Pic Akum <3
Wow awesome share