Vegetable Cheese Topped Mushroom Tofu Baked Aubergine
This simple and healthy recipe for 'Vegetable Cheese Topped Mushroom tofu Baked Aubergine' is a very comforting vegetarian dinner dish. I love aubergines and use it in many of my baked dishes and now even simply on its own as a side dish or as a meal by itself. I don't really know how I came up with this recipe other than the fact that I had 3 medium size aubergine and some cherry tomatoes some mushroom and a small block of tofu not much else. As I am going low on carb I thought to jazz up my dinner with this dish.Vegan people can just omit cheese and have this super yummy dish by topping with some cashewnuts or as is. So serve your veggie friends with this tasty, sophisticated, filling and very healthy dish 'Vegetable Cheese Topped Mushroom tofu Baked Aubergine' as a party snack or as a side dish and impress them all.
- 3 Aubergine medium sized
- 10 to 15 button mushrooms cleaned and chopped
- 100 gm tofu cubed
- 1 tsp ginger crushed or grated
- 1 tsp garlic crushed or grated
- 1 Onion medium sized, chopped
- 1 pinch Salt or to taste
- 1 pinch Pepper or to taste
- 3 to 4 tsp Oil any oil or butter can be used
- Cheese grated, optional
- 1 handful Coriander leaves for garnish
- 5 to 6 Cherry tomatoes for tangy taste and garnish
- Preheat oven 200C.
- Slit the washed and cleaned aubergine carefully from the middle to get 2 equal halves.
- Scoop out the flesh of the halves, to make a bowl for filling.
- Apply oil on all sides and middle of the vegetable.
- Chop the flesh of the aubergine into small pieces and keep aside.
- Clean wash chop grate mushroom onion garlic ginger and keep everything ready.
- In a pan heat oil add garlic ginger and sauté. Then add onion and sauté till golden colour.
- Add chopped aubergine flesh and cook with onion mixture. After a minute add chopped mushrooms and let them cook a little. Add salt and pepper and mix well.
- Fill this in the cavities of the vegetable.
- Arrange in an slightly greased baking tray and bake for 20-30 minutes or until you feel the aubergine has cooked to soft. Insert a knife and check.
- Remove from oven. Top with chopped tomatoes onions coriander and cheese.
- My daughter sprinkled some chaat masala on her piece. My son wanted more cheese and little ketchup on it.
- I used what ever stuff I had in my pantry. You can use whatever you would love to try experimenting.
- When you cut the aubergine keep it immersed in water till you use it.
- Vegans and weight watchers can omit cheese and add any dry fruits or nuts or seeds instead, which will make this dish all the more healthy and nutritious.
Buy on Amazon
Calories: 299 kcal | Carbohydrates: 56 g | Protein: 14 g | Fat: 5 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0.02 g | Sodium: 31 mg | Potassium: 1390 mg | Fiber: 17 g | Sugar: 23 g | Vitamin A: 335 IU | Vitamin C: 27 mg | Calcium: 118 mg | Iron: 3 mg
No comments yet
Such a stunner of a dish!!
perfect and delicious recipe.