Quinoa Kheer: A yummy Indian dessert - Kheer, prepared using super food Quinoa
Ingredients & Quantity
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 to 1/4 cups water (For cooking quinoa)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ghee or butter
- 4 dates, pits removed and chopped
- 9 to 10 golden raisins
- 10 to 12 almonds; slivered
- 10 to 12 split cashew
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom seeds
- 2 1/2 cups boiled and cooled milk (Weight watchers can use skimmed milk)
- A pinch of saffron (Optional)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or granulated sugar (Add more or less as per sweet preference)
Post Cabbage Recipes from 24th Apr to 30th Apr 2017 and get an Amazon Gift Voucher worth INR 250/- (if from India) or worth USD 5 (if outside India)
'Recipe theme of the week'
Recipe developed for quinoaguru.com by Donna George - A happy Home-maker and mother to a 3 year old is a passionate foodie and culinary blogger. She blogs at The Culinary Trail, hailing from God's own country, Kerala; she lives in Bangalore with her husband and little daughter. Turning her passion for food into a profession, she is currently a Freelance Recipe Developer and Editor.