Curd Quinoa/Thayir Quinoa
Curd Quinoa is a healthy version of south Indian curd rice.Quinoa is considered as a super food and is one of the healthiest food. Curd rice is very common dish in south India .Curd Quinoa is a healthy Indian style quinoa recipe made with fresh curd and garnished with yummy tadka.
- Uncooked quinoa 1/2 cup
- Water 1 cup
- Roasted Peanuts 1/4 cup
- Oil/Ghee 1Tbsp
- Mustard seeds 1Tsp
- Dry red chilies 2No
- Curry leaves 5-6No
- Chana dal 1Tsp
- Urad Dal 1Tsp
- Curd thick 1 cup
- Fine chopped cucumber 1/2 cup
- Grated carrot 1/2 cup
- Milk 2 Tbsp optional
- Coriander leaves 1Tbsp
- Wash quinoa 3-4 times or till water turns clear.
- In a pan add 1 cup of water,washed quinoa and salt.
- Cover the pan and cook quinoa on medium-low heat for 18-20 minutes.Or until quinoa is fully cooked and all the water evaporates.
- Transfer the cooked quinoa on a plate a spread with the help of fork.Keep aside .
- In a pan heat oil on medium heat, add mustard seeds,dry red chili,curry leaves,chana dal,urad dal.
- Saute continuously and fry till dal becomes nice golden brown.
- Once done turn off the flame and keep tadka aside.
- In a bowl add curd and milk ,whisk till it becomes creamy and smooth.
- In a bowl add cooked quinoa,pour whisked curd on quinoa.Add cucumber,carrot and chopped coriander leaves .Mix everything together.
- Add prepared tadka to curd quinoa mixture.
- Curd quinoa is ready to serve.
- For best taste after mixing everything let curd quinoa rest in a fridge for an hour.
- If curd you used is sour than you can add milk to curd.