I went ahead and baked chocolate brownies. These turned out to be soft and yummy. The addition of coconut sugar, rendered a unique sweetness to these treats, with the lingering flavor of coconut.
- 1 Â¼ cup maida
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Â¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Â¾ cup milk
- Â½ cup chopped nuts like almonds or walnuts or cashewnuts optional
- Oil/ghee for greasing
- For the frosting: 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp softened butter
- 1 cup confectionerâ€™s sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix the dry ingredients. Mix the wet ingredients separately: butter, vanilla essence and milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and mix well. Add nuts if required. I did not prefer to add nuts, thus did not add these to my brownie mix.
- Pour the mixture in a baking tin and spread the mixture well. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Centigrade for 30-35 minutes. Check if these are done.
- Initially, I thought of having these treats as it is, but then wanted to add an extra appeal to these little baked goodies. So went ahead and prepared the frosting.
- Add all the above ingredients for glaze and mix. Apply this glaze evenly to the brownies when warm.
Last weekend, I had planned to make chocolate brownies. This was my first attempt to make these baked treats. Initially, I wanted to use brown sugar to make these goodies. But when I received my parcel of coconut sugar, Lyva – organic coconut sugar, I was very excited to try this ingredient, immediately. So I used this ‘nectar’ to sweeten my chocolate brownies. Thanks to #BellyNirvana project of #Plattershare in association with GoIndiaOrganic, due to whom, I could use this ‘special sugar’ in my recipe.