Bihari Fish Curry
I often make fish curry this way as it is a simple and quick recipe. Here is how I do it..
- 1/ 2 kg Rohu fish
- 1 tsp Mustard Yellow Mustard
- 1/ 2 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 1 Onion medium
- 10 to 12 cloves Garlic thick
- 1/2 inch Ginger
- Red chili powder as per taste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala powder
- 2 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 1 Tomato medium
- Salt to taste
- Soak mustard seeds & fenugreek seeds separately for 1 hour
- Meanwhile wash fish . Peel ginger garlic onion . Chop tomato.
- Once seeds are soaked for an hour using a grinder make a fine paste of onion ginger garlic tomato & seeds.
- Heat mustard oil to its smoking point in a wok. Add the ground paste of previous step.
- Cook for a min. Add all dry spices and salt. Mix well. Cook on medium flame until Masala starts leaving the sides of wok
- Add 1 glass of water. Once it starts boiling add fish. Lower the flame & cook covered for 5- 6 min.
- Serve hot with steamed rice
- 5-6 min is the time for a small fish if you are using big fish it can be 10 min or more
- For similar recipe Bachua fish can be used.
- For any other fish check the cooking time because some fishes get chewy if overcooked
- For more flavour 1 tbsp of curd can be added
Buy on Amazon
Calories: 1019 kcal | Carbohydrates: 16 g | Protein: 181 g | Fat: 21 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9 g | Cholesterol: 430 mg | Sodium: 579 mg | Potassium: 4471 mg | Fiber: 3 g | Sugar: 4 g | Vitamin A: 919 IU | Vitamin C: 28 mg | Calcium: 219 mg | Iron: 6 mg