Baked Sweet Potatoes With Spicy Tofu Filling
Grabbing a quick and healthy snack can be a challenge if you have turned vegan recently. But stocking the fridge/pantry with vegan ingredients and a little pre-preparation can help one tide over this problem. Sweet potato is one much ingredient that can be a vegan's best friend. Plus it is a low GI food which means that it helps you feel full for a longer period of time.
- 3 sweet potatoes medium sized, choose ones with a thick middle portion
- 1 cup tofu crumbled, soft
- 1/4 cup peppers chopped
- 1/2 tsp soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp red chili sauce
- 1/3 tsp paprika
- 2-3 tsp spring onions chopped
- Salt to taste
- Few drops canola oil
- Wash and scrub the outer skins of the Sweet potatoes with a rough kitchen cloth.
- Cut each sweet potato into two halves along the length. Rub a little oil all over them.
- Pre-heat an oven to 200 Degrees C. Place the sweet potatoes on a baking tray and sprinkle some salt over them. Bake for about 15-18 mins.
- Remove from the oven and scoop out some of the flesh from the middle of the sweet potatoes.
- Take the crumbled Tofu, chopped peppers, chopped spring onions, red chili sauce, soy sauce, salt and paprika in a mixing bowl. Mix together. One can also add some of the scooped out sweet potato flesh to this mixture.
- Spoon this mixture into the hollows of the sweet potatoes.
- Put them back in the oven and bake for another 10 mins.
- Remove from oven and enjoy !!
- One can partially bake the sweet potatoes and store them in the refrigerator for 2 days.
- This helps cut down on the final cooking time.
Calories: 698 kcal | Carbohydrates: 146 g | Protein: 31 g | Fat: 0.2 g | Saturated Fat: 0.1 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.01 g | Sodium: 288 mg | Potassium: 1190 mg | Fiber: 18 g | Sugar: 26 g | Vitamin A: 48217 IU | Vitamin C: 45 mg | Calcium: 319 mg | Iron: 8 mg
No comments yet
Very good recipe!
This recipe is really good and one of my favourite. Sweet potato made in this form with tofu, makes it healthy and nutritious. Even the kids will love to have it. Thanks Sweta, for sharing such a gr8 recipe.
I also like sweet potato this recipe is very attractive