It is very important to make sure that the healthy lunch we pack stays fresh and nutritious.Many plastic lunch boxes are made of PVC which may contain contaminants like lead. So while buying plastic boxes buy a good quality ones that are BPA free. It is also important to get well designed and compact tiffin boxes that are user friendly and easy to carry. Here are some Tips about how to choose right tiffinbox:
Look for a Tiffinbox that:
- Keeps the food safe without getting spoiled for up to 4 to 5 hours.
- Is colorful and attractive.
- Is not too large. It is better to give two small ones than one large box.
- Has space for a napkin and spoon.
- Is air tight and does not open or leak in the bag.
- Has separate compartments that allow for different foods to be packed without getting mixed.
- Is easy to open and Handle.
How to Maintain it?
- As soon soon as returning home wash it with soap and rinse well with clean water.
- Don’t keep it unwashed till nex morning.
- Once in week during week ends after regular washing soak it in warm water for 30 minutes.
- Have a separate small brush to wash the rims and gaps of the tiffin boxes well.
- After washing the boxes, allow them to dry keeping them opened.
- Don’t close them when they are wet.