Peanut Chikki is a traditional sweet preparation across India and is usually made by jaggery and peanuts or ground nuts blended together. A nutritious and easy to prepare peanut chikki is a favorite among children.
- 1 cup Peanuts
- 3/4 cup Jaggery finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- Roast the peanuts.
- Cool and remove the skin.
- Roughly pound it.
- Grease a flat plate with 1 teaspoon ghee.
- Cook jaggery till a thick syrup is formed.
- To test that the syrup is ready put a drop in cold water.
- If it forms a firm ball the syrup is ready.
- Add the peanuts and the remaining ghee.
- Mix and immediately spread on the greased plate.
- Roll out to even the surface.
- Let it cool slightly before cutting into desired shapes.
- Store into air tight container and have it whenever you want till 2 months!
Calories: 399 kcal | Carbohydrates: 44 g | Protein: 10 g | Fat: 22 g | Saturated Fat: 5 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9 g | Cholesterol: 10 mg | Sodium: 8 mg | Potassium: 272 mg | Fiber: 3 g | Sugar: 38 g | Calcium: 51 mg | Iron: 2 mg