Millet Pizza Burgers
A delicious and super healthy millet burger that combines two favourites: pizza and burgers!
- FOR PATTY: 1/2 cup Little Millet uncooked
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 cup Chickpeas soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup thick Tomato paste
- 1 cheese slice
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp black Pepper
- SAUCE/DRESSING: 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup Cheese dip
- TOPPINGS: 4 burger buns
- 1 Tomato sliced
- 2 tbsp Pitted Olives
- 1/2 cup Salad greens
- 8 cheese slices
- Combine millet, water and 1/2 tsp of salt in a pot. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until fluffy.
- Pressure cook chickpeas with some water for 5-6 whistles.
- In a large bowl add the millet, chickpeas, tomato paste, 1 cheese slice and seasonings. Using a potatoe masher, mash the ingredients until thoroughly mixed together.
- Divide mixture into 4 equal portions and shape each into a patty.
- Either fry patties over medium heat in oil or bake for 18-20 minutes at 375 F, flipping half way.
- Building the burger- spread marinara sauce over the buns. Place salad greens, cheese slice, millet patty, tomato slices and olives. Dizzle some cheese dip and marinara sauce. Set bun tops in place.
No comments yet
So lovely recipe and wonderful colors, kids will surely love it and so will the adults,