Aloo Bukhara with sponge gourd
We know that children sometimes avoid to consume green veggies. Here I made a quick recipe with sponge gourd. I added Aloo Bukhara to make the veggies more tasty.
- 500 gm sponge gourd
- 2 aloo bukhara
- ½ tsp onion seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp mustard oil
- 2 whole red chilli
- Salt to taste
- Peel off the sponge gourd then grate and keep aside.
- Heat a pan add mustard oil, whole red chilli and onion seeds. Then add turmeric powder, cumin powder, aloo bukhara.
- Sauté then add grated sponge gourd, red chili powder and salt.
- Cook for five minutes add green chillies. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with roti/chapati or steam rice.
Calories: 147 kcal | Carbohydrates: 19 g | Protein: 2 g | Fat: 8 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4 g | Sodium: 19 mg | Potassium: 506 mg | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 9 g | Vitamin A: 817 IU | Vitamin C: 71 mg | Calcium: 80 mg | Iron: 3 mg