Easy Chocolate Waffles
Waffle Recipe.A very quick recipe to make tasty and easy chocolate waffles without waffle iron. Substituting maida with healthier flour, refined sugar with healthier sweetener and butter with healthier fats, these chocolate waffles are really healthy and filling. They have crispy squares with fluffy base. Tastes best when served with honey and crunchiness from a blend of healthy seeds like pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds etc. Check out how to make these easy chocolate waffles.(I have used silicon waffle mould (Okayji brand) from Amazon to bake these waffles)
- 3/4 cup Wholewheat flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Oil
- Butter to grease the waffle mould
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 Bananas sliced
- 1 tbsp Seeds watermelon, muskmelon, pumpkin, sunflower
- Beat the egg well and make it as creamy as you can.
- Next add in the wholewheat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, sugar, milk, vanilla essence and oil.
- Again beat until well combined.
- Grease the waffle mould with butter.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree Celsius.
- Pour the batter evenly to the mould using a ladle.
- 7. Spread evenly with the back of ladle.
- Once the oven reaches the temperature, prepheat to 180 degree centigrade.
- 9. Now bake the waffles in 180 degree centigrade for 28-30 minutes. I removed mine after 28 minutes.
- Soon it would have easily come off the sides. So flip them to a baking tray.
- Again preheat the oven to 200 degree centigrade and bake the other side of the waffles for 5 minutes.
- Once done, allow to cool.
- Drizzle honey and serve with sliced bananas and seeds.
Calories: 417 kcal | Carbohydrates: 49 g | Protein: 10 g | Fat: 23 g | Saturated Fat: 6 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11 g | Trans Fat: 0.2 g | Cholesterol: 60 mg | Sodium: 308 mg | Potassium: 494 mg | Fiber: 6 g | Sugar: 23 g | Vitamin A: 334 IU | Vitamin C: 5 mg | Calcium: 266 mg | Iron: 2 mg