Fish In Pomegranate Sauce
The dish was awesome and very everyone loved this especially my kids. Fish in Pomegranate sauce is a Kids Friendly Recipe. In this dish, fish is fried with flour and spices, served with a ginger pomegranate sauce
- 4 tbsp Plain flour maida
- 1 tsp tsp Chili powder
- ½ tsp Pepper powder freshly ground
- 500 gm Fish anything of your choice
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 100 gm Unsalted Butter
- 50 gm Ginger
- 4 tbsp Lime juice
- 30 gm Pomegranate
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves
- 5 Banana
- Salt to taste
- Clean and finely slice the fish into equal parts.
- Take flour, chili powder, and pepper together in a bowl and dust fish in it, shake off the excess.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, place the fish on the pan, drizzle oil along the sides and cook them on both sides (be careful the sole should not come out).
- Grind ginger and lemon juice together to a fine paste.
- In another pan, melt the butter over medium heat; let it bubble for three min wait until turn golden brown color.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the ginger- lime paste, pomegranate seeds and chopped coriander leaves. Cook for few mins.
- Peel and halve the banana into equal size (lengthwise). Heat a tsp of clarified butter/ghee in a pan; toast the pan for a minute, both the sides.
- Serving: Take a plate, keep the toasted banana and then keep the fish over it and then spoon the pomegranate seeds over it and pour a tsp of that pomegranate sauce over it.
- Note: You can also substitute toasted bread for banana and serve for dinner.
Calories: 432 kcal | Carbohydrates: 36 g | Protein: 23 g | Fat: 24 g | Saturated Fat: 12 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6 g | Trans Fat: 1 g | Cholesterol: 93 mg | Sodium: 64 mg | Potassium: 818 mg | Fiber: 4 g | Sugar: 16 g | Vitamin A: 794 IU | Vitamin C: 15 mg | Calcium: 27 mg | Iron: 1 mg