- 1½ to 2 tbsp Butter or Cooking Oil
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds jeera
- ½ cup Red Onions sliced
- 4 to 5 cloves Garlic fat, halved and sliced
- 1 - 2 Green Chili finely chopped
- 1 Tomato ripe, approx. 90 grams, finely chopped
- ½ tsp Red Chili Flakes adjust heat to taste
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- ¾ tsp Oregano dried & crushed
- Salt to taste
- 2 cup Button Mushrooms diced, I weighed them and they came to roughly 300 grams
- 350 gm Green Peas shelled, frozen or fresh, boiled
- ¾ - 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- Heat butter or oil (add just one and a half tablespoon first and add more only if required) in a cooking pot or pan and add cumin seeds.
- Once they begin to crackle, add onions. Fry onions, stirring often, till they just begin to turn golden.
- Add garlic and chopped green chili and sauté till onions become golden in color and garlic is no longer raw.
- Add tomatoes and cook till they soften.Add salt, chili flakes and coriander powder.
- Add mushroom and saute the mushrooms for three to five minutes on high heat. (the time will depend on the size of the diced mushrooms)
- Add boiled peas and keep frying on high heat.
- After a minute or two, add the oregano and cook till most of the liquid is absorbed. (you can adjust how much moisture you want to keep or none at all)
- Switch off the heat and sprinkle chaat masala. Give it a stir and serve hot with Indian flatbread (chapati) or toasted slice of bread.
- I used half a teaspoon of chili flakes since the green chilies that I used was very hot. Also, feel free to adjust the ratio of peas to mushrooms.
- Feel free to swap chaat masala with amchoor since the idea is to cut through the sweetness of peas with something tangy
Buy on Amazon
Millet Pizza Burgers
A delicious and super healthy millet burger that combines two favourites: pizza and burgers!
Kunafa Or Kanafeh / Kunafah (Vermicelli Cake With Cream Filling)
Hello Everyone! On this beautiful occasion I would like to wish everyone Eid Mubarak!. As…
Kashmiri Kahwah Tea
Kahwah is a traditional green tea preparation consumed in Afghanistan, northern Pakistan, some regions of…
Methi Besan Subzi
Methi besan subzi is a very tasty and nutritious subzi made with fenugreek leaves, gram…
Whole Wheat Bread By Tangzhong Method
Chinese use Tangzhong Method to get softer, lighter and fluffier bread. These breads have long…
Meethi Sonth – Dry Ginger In Sweet Cream (Desi Recipe For Cold, Flu & Cough)
I am a strong believer in the wisdom of our ancestors therefore I always rely…
7 Tips To Cut Calories And Lose Weight Without Starving Yourself
Deciding to lose weight can be easy, but losing weight is where it gets complicated. If you’re new to weight…
Cooker Cake – Easy, Quick And Hassle-free Cake baking In Pressure Cooker
Cooker Cake or Cake baking In Pressure Cooker! We all have to agree that cakes have something really magical about…
How To Prevent A Hangover And What Foods To Eat Before Alcohol
What’s common to a weekend, a birthday, a wedding, a bachelor’s and a breakup? (Zero points pints for guessing, folks).…
Don’t starve but do these 5 things to lose weight
Discover how to lose weight without starving yourself. Say goodbye to fad diets and hello to sustainable weight loss with…
30 Essential College Grocery List For Students In 2023
As soon as you arrive at college, you will be responsible for all aspects of your life. Before you go…
Top 10 Easy Pumpkin Squash Recipes
Top 10 Pumpkin Squash Recipes: In the third and last part in the series of informative articles on ‘Squash’, we…