Stuffed Mushroom Kofta In Tomato Gravy
Although it's a bit lengthy to make this curry but it's worth the work. A delicious flavourful kofta in a simple tomato gravy.
- For kofta dough : Spinach chopped - 2 cups
- Chopped garlic - 1 tsp
- Cornflour - 2 tbsp
- Paneer - 1 cup
- Maida - 1 tbsp
- Filling of the kofta : Chopped ginger - 1 tsp
- Chopped green chillies - 1 tsp
- White button mushrooms chopped - 1 cup
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Refined oil for frying
- Tomato gravy : Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Cream - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon - 1 inch
- Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
- Ginger paste - 1/2 tsp
- Black Peppercorns - 10
- Tomatoes chopped - 2
- Jeera powder - 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon powder - 1/4 th tsp
- Fried cashew nuts paste - 2 tbsp
- Fry chopped garlic in oil and add the spinach and saute. Add salt.
- Cool it for few minutes and then mix rest of the dough ingredients together to form a dough.
- Now mix the filling ingredients together. Make small roundels of the dough and stuff each roundel with mushroom stuffing and reshape them to form koftas.
- Deep fry then koftas and keep aside.
- Heat a pan with little ghee, add the cinnamon and Peppercorns. Add the chopped tomatoes and salt.
- Let it cook and simmer till the tomatoes are mushy.
- Then add water and keep boiling for 10 minutes. Strain the tomato gravy.
- Heat another kadhai with some more ghee. Add ginger garlic paste. Then add the strained tomato curry and stir.
- Then add the fried cashew nuts paste. Add jeera powder, salt and leave it to simmer.
- Add red chilly powder, cinnamon powder, little cream. Finally add the koftas and serve.
No comments yet
Literally drooling, Sreemoyee….You had me at Koftas…. 🙂