Baked Breaded Mushrooms
Breaded Mushrooms are normally fried. Here's a healthy way to serve these awesome crunchy mushrooms as appetizers.
- 20 -25 button mushrooms
- 1 egg
- Â½ cup bread crumbs
- Â¼ tsp salt
- Â½ tsp coarse pepper powder
- Â½ tsp dried mixed herbs
- Â¼ tsp garlic paste
- little oil for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil and lightly brush it with some oil.
- Wipe the mushrooms with a wet cloth. Break the egg into a bowl. Whip it lightly.
- Mix bread crumbs, salt, pepper, herbs and garlic together in another bowl.
- Dip a mushroom in the egg and then coat it with the breadcrumb mixture. Place it on the prepared tray, stem facing up.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 with the remaining mushrooms. Put the tray in the oven and bake the mushrooms for 10 -15 minutes till they become golden brown and crunchy.
- Serve immediately with your favourite dip. I served it with some home made tomato chutney.
Add spices of your own choice to the breadcrumb mixture. Process 3-4 slices of brown bread to make instant bread crumbs.