A fantastic outdoor location can be an added bonus for your event. lt provides the opportunity for great views and interactive activities to keep your guests engaged.
Planning your event around the weather is risky, but unexpected wind, rain or the searing sun doesn’t have to influence your day in any way with a professional marquee hire solution.
An elegant marquee is much more than just a tent. It can stand in your chosen venue with the confidence of a stunning centrepiece. It can contribute towards your theme, atmosphere and guest enjoyment.
With a carefully chosen of services for marquee hire in Sydney, you don’t have to worry about anything getting blown over, melted or wet – including your guests – who’ll enjoy all the room of an outdoor event as well as the comfort and style of a bar, club or wedding venue.
There are a number of different marquee options, so here’s an overview for choosing according to your needs and to inspire your creativity.
Marquee hire: clear walls
Clear, transparent walls are a marquee hire option that brings the beauty of nature into the room without any of the discomforts that it might present.
- Clear wall marquees are popular for sports events where the action can still be watched while your guests are resting, enjoying refreshment or eating.
- Equally popular for weddings, clear walls can blend seamlessly with a bohemian style or an elegant and pretty nature theme representing your limitless future vision.
- When combined with lighting, clear walls can transform dance floors for your party into magical wonderlands.
Marquee hire: white walls
White wall marquees are a good choice if you wish to separate your outdoor and indoor event activities without distractions. They offer a sense of intimacy when you need it in an otherwise outdoor-oriented event.
- White walls can be good for some sporting events when the athletes don’t want to be distracted by mingling guests or those seeking refreshments.
- Wedding speeches and dinner can be elegantly housed within sophisticated white walls for added privacy. You can have a separate marquee for the bar so that your dinner guests enjoy a quieter atmosphere. White walls can also be transformed later when lights are added for the dance floor.
- White walls might be your choice if you wish to exhibit or display artwork within the marquee.
Marquee hire: silk linings
Marquees can be hired with or without silk linings for the roof. Silk linings can really up the sophistication for a wedding, corporate or formal event. They can be expertly fitted and hung to complement a special function with a touch of rich texture and drapery.
Marquee hire: timbre floors
Timber floors are an optional part of a marquee hire service that does more than just look good. They protect your guest’s shoes; provide a classic touch for special occasions and a well-laid timbre floor provides a solid base for your dance floor.
Marquee hires: stand-alone marquee or marquee packages?
When co-coordinating your outdoor event, remember that you’ll need more than just the outer marquee.
- You’ll need seating, tables and linen for sit-down events and bar serving space for cocktails.
- You’ll also need light fittings to take it from day to night or for grey weather. Chandeliers can transform a marquee for formal events, while disco lights are essential for a dance party.
- Your party needs beer bins and balloons, including helium kits and balloon weights.
- Don’t forget microphones for speeches and possibly karaoke jukeboxes.
You may prefer a stand-alone solution if you’re looking for an awning for a fete or festival. Make sure that your marquee hire service can offer all of this as a stand-alone or in suitable packages.
Event size and how to engage or draw your guests?
Marquee hire services can cater for any event size, and will help you to determine the right marquee size based on your estimated number of guests.
Now, if you’re looking for events to engage or draw your guests, marquee hire services won’t supply those, but we can make some suggestions:
- Don’t underestimate celebrity power when looking for a good drawcard for fundraising events. Also, consider inviting social media influencers to the event who’ll help promote it.
- Use social media to ramp up the pre-event buzz. If it’s a private party, ask for music selection suggestions from your guests.
- If it’s a corporate event, prepare your guests with background information and don’t forget team-building ideas like quizzes that can be hosted in a marquee.
- Destination events can add to the pre-event excitement. Let your guests know if it’s going to be at the beach or somewhere special or meaningful to you.
Back to marquee hire: do you have everything covered?
If you’re thinking about catering ideas, a spit is always popular for outdoor events and can be delivered, carved and served by the marquee hire service for your event.
Alternatively, specially prepared meals or platters can be arranged by the same people, including wine glasses and champagne flutes, flowers and décor.
Your marquee hire service can provide an entire solution for your outdoor event, leaving you free to prepare yourself and invite your guests knowing that everything is covered.