Farali Cheesy Grated Potatoes
Very Simple Gujarati Traditional Recipe. At the time of Fasting (EKADASHI etc...) this is very popular HOME DISH. Spicy, Tangy and CHATAPATI.
- Medium Size Potatoes: 4 Nos.
- Cumin Seeds: 2 tspn
- Crushed Roasted Peanuts: 3 Tbspn.
- Long Chopped Green Chilies: 4 -5 Nos.
- Curry Leaves: 4-5 nos.
- Lemon Juice: 1 tspn
- Red Chilly Powder: 1 tspn
- Processed Cheese: 1 Cube.
- Grate Potatoes and wash it properly. Drain water and sprinkle salt to it. leave it aside.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add cumin seeds and let them crackle for a while.
- Add long chopped green chilies, curry leaves and 1 tbspn of crushed roasted peanuts.
- Drain water from the potato grates formed due to salt. Add these potato grates to the pan and mix it well.
- Close the lead to the pan and let it cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Keep on checking and mixing in between.
- Once potato grates are cooked, remove lead and add red chilly powder, salt to taste and lemon juice to it. Mix well again.
- Transfer this to a serving bowl.
- Garnish it with grated processed cheese and crushed roasted Peanuts. ENJOY !!!