The all time favourite butter naan, for all those special occasions..
- Maida - 1.5 cups
- Dry active yeast - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tbsp
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Some more butter to smear on top and some nigella seeds.
- Warm the milk and water, add the sugar. Dissolve the yeast and let it stand for 10 minutes till it froths.
- Mix the Maida with salt and melted butter, add the yeast concoction.
- Knead a soft dough and let it proof for about 1.5 hrs.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal parts, roll and place it on a greased tray.
- Apply little butter and sprinkle nigella seeds. Bake these at 190 degree Celsius for just 15 minutes. Smear some more butter and serve.