Amaranth Anjeer Khajoor Ke Laddoo
After the Navratri fasting, most of us are left with still unused Amaranth flour and lads of dry fruits. I was wondering what to do with all that stuff, when I chanced upon a recipe that used amaranth grains to make laddoos. I though I could replicate the same with amaranth flour. Instead of sugar or jaggery, I opted dates and dried figs as the sweetening agent. The result was a delicious and very nutritional recipe.
- 2 cup amaranth flour Rajgire ka atta
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped figs
- 3-4 tsp ghee
- a handful of raisins
- chopped dry fruits optional
- Heat a heavy bottomed wok. Add the ghee to it followed by the amaranth flour. Roast till it turns a few shades darker and the smell changes.
- Remove from wok and keep aside.
- Add the dates and figs to the same wok along with a few teaspoons of water. Once it turns into a thick liquid, add the roasted amaranth flour and raisins.
- Mix for 2-3 mins. Remove and keep aside till it is tolerable to touch.
- Grease your palms. Take small portions and roll into laddoos.
- Allow to cool down completely before storing in a airtight container. Stays good for 2-3 weeks.
These laddoos taste better when consumed after a day.
No comments yet
Wow! Im going to try this soon. Easy and healthy!