Zucchini, Cauliflower And Dried Rose Petal Soup
Enjoy your monsoon or winters with this hearty, smooth and silky soup prepared with the goodness of zucchini, cauliflower and dried rose petals, flavored with ginger, garlic, powdered cinnamon and cumin, sprinkled with lemon juice and garnished with pistachio nuts, rose petals and broiled saffron.
- 15 ml Olive oil
- 1 Yellow onion large, sliced
- 1/4 tsp Ginger paste
- ½ tsp Garlic paste
- ¼ tsp Ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground cumin
- 1 ½ cup Yellow zucchini peeled and roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup Cauliflower florets & stem, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 ½ cup Vegetable stock
- 2 tsp Yellow Rose petals dried, roughly chopped
- ½ Lemon
- 8 gm Pistachio nuts
- 1 tsp Dried Pink Rose petals
- 1 gm Saffron broiled
- In a non-stick pan add olive oil, heat the oil and add onion, ginger and garlic paste. Salute for 2 minutes.
- Add cinnamon and cumin powders. Cook for 02 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and zucchini. Cook till the vegetables are tender. Add the yellow rose petals. Add the vegetable stock.
- Cover and cook for 15 mins. You may add more vegetable stock if required. Switch off the flame and set aside to cool.
- Blend into a very smooth puree. Add salt and white pepper.
- Simmer for another five minutes.
- Just before service add lemon juice.
- Serve hot / warm garnished with Pistachio nuts blanched, peeled and slivered, broiled saffron and dried pink rose petals.
- For Serving : Serve in a cappuccino cup, sprinkled a little cinnamon powder.
- Chef tip: You may add curry powder to the soup if desired and temper it with curry leaves and mustard seeds to further enhance its flavors.
About the Author: Chef Reetu Uday Kugaji is a Program Head – Culinary Arts Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh and ITM – Institute of Hotel Management, Navi Mumbai.
She believes that food that she cooks should touch heart and soul of the person and dedicates all her success to her Angel Mother.
Works as Speciality Chef with Percept Knorigin, Cinecurry, Chefsutra and as a Food Author with Pioneerchef, Theurbanspice, Pinksworth, Tanyamunshi, Mangobunch, Plattershare, Womenplanet.
Website: Chefreetuudaykugaji, Facebook: Food For Thought, Twitter: @chefreetuudayk, Instagram: @chefreetuudaykugaji
Calories: 112 kcal | Carbohydrates: 21 g | Protein: 4 g | Fat: 3 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2 g | Sodium: 1735 mg | Potassium: 545 mg | Fiber: 4 g | Sugar: 10 g | Vitamin A: 1123 IU | Vitamin C: 55 mg | Calcium: 67 mg | Iron: 1 mg
Chef Reetu Uday Kugaji Visit Profile / Website
In collaboration with