Desi, local and most authentic food from the “Bazaars” of the city where it originated from always delights us. Be it Masalas, Pickle or Chutneys, we always crave for most authentic food. Don’t you agree? It’s a soul satisfying experience when you eat the most authentic and best Alphonso mangoes straight from the farms of Ratnagiri and Devgad.
I am sure you will agree that the most challenging task for Airport Authority personals is to search for that Mango pickle jar, Hand ground masalas and chutneys, Puliyogare gojju and Appam Podi which is hidden in your luggage amidst the clothes. And then you argue and fight with all the security, just to tell them that the mix which is so aromatic has been secretly packed by your mom as you don’t get the original taste everywhere. The poor Security person has to gulp his saliva and act harshly even though all he wants is to taste it once. Finally, after a small skirmish, he will let you go, leaving all the passengers around you imagining the flavour.
Plattershare is on a mission along with Delight Foods to help you discover India’s finest and most authentic food right from their originating cities. And YOU can win exciting prizes while doing so.
As always there are multiple ways to win in this contest!!
WIN prizes by Commenting (Contest Starting 30th April till 22nd May 2016):
Check out www.delightfoods.com, a platform which discovers and brings India’s best and most authentic food from each city. All you have to tell us – which food product on the website is your favourite and why?
Two best comments (You will only be able to comment once) will get a gift hamper from delight foods worth INR 1000 so that you never miss that taste again.
WIN prizes by posting Recipes (Contest Starting 30th April till 22nd May 2016):
Post the most authentic recipe in any one (or all) of the following categories:
- Masalas/Spice Mixes (share recipes to make spices you love to prepare at home)
And win multiple prizes:
- Three best recipes will WIN a gift hamper worth INR 3000 from delight Foods! (winners would be decided by Plattershare’s Judge – Chef Reetu Uday Kugaji)
- Share your Plattershare Recipe Page Link with your family, friends & fellow home chefs and ask them to give comments on the Recipe Page (see snapshot below) of Plattershare website (Comments on FB post would not be counted). The recipe with the most number of “unique” comments will win the “Most Popular Recipe Award” worth INR 4000.
- Winner recipes would also be shared with the sponsor (Delight Foods).
So are you ready to feel the nostalgia of most authentic food from your city or State? Do you feel the tanginess of the pickle or the flavour of Sambhar masala. Do let us know 🙂
Contest Details and Official Rules
- Contest starts from 30th April 2016 and ends on 22nd May 2016. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm on 22nd May 2016. All the recipes posted within these dates would be eligible for the contest.
- To enter the contest (mandatory rules):-
a) Register on Plattershare (Please upload your original profile picture and update your profile)
b) Go to ‘Home‘ or ‘My Profile‘ and click ‘Post a Recipe‘ icon. Use the form and instructions provided to submit your recipe.
- Recipe must include recipe name; ingredients with measurements; step-by-step preparation & cooking directions and at least one main photo of the recipe.
- Your recipe content and images should be original (upload good quality images). Should not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity.
- Anyone residing in India can participate in the contest.