White Sauce Pasta | Pasta In White Sauce | Italian White Sauce Pasta
Italian White sauce pasta is so smooth creamy and cheesy that it simply melts in your mouth , the flavours are subtle and you can feel it in every bite ! If you want to make something really quick and easy then this recipe is for you , I'm sure you would love this recipe . Kindly check out the video and detail description below .!
- Olive / Sunflower Oil 1 Tsp
- Bell peppers finely chopped 1/2 cup
- Garlic finely chopped 3 cloves
- Butter 30g or 2 TBSP
- Milk 400 ml or 2 cups at room temprature
- Plain Flour 30g or 2 TBSP
- Grated cheese 1/4 cup or 25g
- Penne Pasta 250g
- Salt 1 TBSP
- Black Pepper 1/2 Tsp
- Mix Italian Herbs 1/2 Tsp
- Red chilli flakes 1/2 Tsp optional
- Grated cheese 1/4 cup or can replace with cheese slices
- For the perfect sauce and Pasta you need a little bit of attention, so for this recipe I would suggest to keep all ingredients ready to avoid clumpy sauce or over-boiled pasta.
- Finely chop capsicum , garlic and use milk at room temperature.
- Take a big cooking pot, add salt 1 Tbsp, 1 tsp oil and bring water to roaring boil. I've explained the reason for adding salt and oil in Tips and tricks section, don't miss to check it if you are interested.
- Cook pasta for 10-12 mins and check for Al dente (Pasta should be able to cut through fork but not be very crunchy ). If in doubt kindly check out my video to know the right consistency.
- If you are cooking Pasta sauce and pasta simultaneously then you can directly add cooked and drained pasta to the sauce & avoid next step
- If you are cooking pasta sauce and pasta one after the other like me then we need to drain the pasta, run some cold water , ,toss the pasta with some oil and keep aside . Doing this pasta will prevent sticking to each other until we cook the sauce.
- Once pasta is drained , do not throw the pasta boiled water it has a lot of starch and this can be used as binding agent if sauce is too thin/runny.
- Now heat a pan & Add a tsp oil , finely chopped garlic. saute it for few seconds , add finely chopped capsicum ,a pinch of salt and saute it 2 mins. Do not over cook these veggies
- White Sauce : Heat a cooking pot. Add butter and flour 2 Tbsp each, mix well without lumps. On a medium flame cook this until the raw smell of flour goes away and colour slightly changes to yellow. This step is called making of 'roux' & read as 'ru'
- Now add only 1/3 portion of milk to 'roux', Stir quickly to avoid . If there are any lumps turn of flame and break the lumps by continuously stirring it .
- Once there are no lumps add rest of the milk and quickly stir the sauce until it slightly thickens
- season the sauce with 1/2 tsp salt, pepper, some mix Italian herbs (Oregano, Basilica, parsley etc), Red chilli flakes.
- Now add cooked veggies & pasta to sauce , mix well cook for a minute and Pasta is ready to serve
- When boiling pasta water needs to be as salty as sea water , this helps pasta to absorb enough salt
- We add oil while boiling pasta in oder to avoid frequent stirring of pasta
- Cook Pasta till Al-dente, if you bite a pasta after boiling 10 -12 mins you should feel that pasta is firm but not too crunchy.
- Once pasta is cooked , drain it and keep the water it has natural starch and helps to bind sauce & pasta
- this water can be used as binding agent if your sauce is too runny or thin
- if you are cooking pasta and sauce directly then no need to run cold water through pasta or add oil, you can just strain the pasta and add to sauce.
- Do not over cook the veggies , have a slight crunch in them
- Use milk at room temprature
- Make Roux on a medium flame , if you feel like its getting burnt then take it off from the heat and mix well
- when adding milk to the sauce quickly stir and avoid lumps. If there are lumps dont panic just keep continously stirring on low flame they will go away
- If pasta sauce is too thin or pasta is not binding to the sauce then add pasta boiled water and cook , it has starch which helps to bind pasta and sauce together.