Chana Masala Recipe
- Chickpea/garbanzo beans/ Kabuli Channa - 100 grams
- Water for Soaking chickpeas - 250 ml
- Cinnamon Stick - 1 Inch
- Bay Leave -1
- Dry paste preparation -
- Onion paste 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste 1 tsp
- Ginger paste 1 tsp
- Chilli powder 1 tsp
- Roasted coriander powder 2 tsp
- Garam Masala Indian Mixed Spice, available in any Indian store 1 tsp
- Dried Mango Powder Amchur Powder1 tsp
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Ghee 1 tbsp
- Onion rings for garnishing
- How to Soak dried Chickpeas: Even though canned chickpeas are available in the market but they are loaded with preservatives so go for homemade soaked chickpeas. Take the required amount of chickpeas and soak them for 8 hours in the water.
- The size of soaked chickpeas will increase. Boil the chickpea with 1/2 tsp salt, cinnamon stick and bay leaves. Pressure cook with 3 whistle then low flame for ten minutes.
- Switch off the flame and open the lid of pressure cooker to check the softness of the chickpeas. It can be easily pressed and crushed with help of the fingers but it should not be mushy.
- Preparing the Dry paste: Heat the oil in a pan and add onion paste. Ginger paste, garlic paste and stir until brown and raw aroma goes off. Add red chilli powder. Please check the notes for "How to make ginger paste, Garlic paste and onion paste"
- Add boiled chickpeas, salt as per taste and stir it till it becomes dry.
- Add roasted coriander powder, roasted garam masala and dried mango powder (amchur powder, available in any Indian store.
- Add Ghee and stir it well. Garnish it with onion rings and coriander leaves.
- Serve it with jeera rice, pulka or chapati or paratha.
In collaboration with
Enjoy this simple and yummy teriyaki chicken recipe
Brown Bread Veg Sandwich
A perfect healthy brown bread sandwich, creamy curd cold sandwich has the creamy hung curd…
Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte
Coffee chain Starbucks' signature espresso and milk are highlighted by flavor notes of pumpkin, cinnamon,…
Simple Red Sauce Pasta Recipe For Weight Loss (200 Calorie Meal)
Tomato, onion and garlic pasta sauce with a sprinkle of your favorite herbs and you…
Wheat Jowar And Amaranth Honey Dates Cake
A healthy cake with combination of wheat, amaranth and jowar flours makes this cake highly…
Gluten Free Pizza With Lentil Crust
We all love Pizza, don't we? But we avoid Pizza because of the calorie content…
10 Easy Salad Dressings
Salads – for some of us this word is an absolute delight and for some of us it makes our…
The Top 8 Ways Coffee Can Help You Lose Weight
Coffee is one of the world’s favorite beverages, and for good reason! It tastes amazing, it gives you a boost…
11 Best Juices for Hair Loss Prevention
Best Juices for Hair Loss Prevention Hair thinning and balding in men though terrifying is very common nowadays. Men suffer…
9 Cool Corporate Giveaways – Corporate Gift Ideas
What are some cool Corporate Gift Ideas? Here comes the festive season and if you own a company, thinking about…
Cooking Tips To Remain Healthy
Cooking tips to remain healthy If you are not following balanced eating habits and looking for ways to eat healthier,…
Avakai: The Fiery “Must Have” And Popular Mango Pickle From Andhra
Mango Pickle From Andhra: Avakai! Tomorrow, April 22, is Aam Achaar Day! Ah! Achaar, especially mango pickle is a must…