Vegetable Soup Stock
Weekends are always busy for many of us apart from weekly grocery shopping and kidâ€™s enrichment activities we also need to do some minimal cooking or food preparations which would help our weekdays to go smoother. One such recipe which I make every weekend is the soup stock. It helps my dinner preparation easy on the days we have soup as our main dinner. Celery, carrots, potato, onion boiled along with bay leaves, salt for 45 minutes and finally cooled and strained gives this soup stock
- Celery Sticks â€“ 2
- Carrots â€“ 2
- Potato - 1
- Onion â€“ 1
- Bay leaf â€“ 2
- Water â€“ 2 liters
- Chop all the vegetables into big chunks.
- Take a big pot add water.
- Add all the vegetables in any order. Add salt
- Boil for 45 minutes. Keep stirring at intervals.
- If you are going to preserve for a week allow it to cool and store them in a bottle and refrigerate them.
- Vegetable soup stock
You may use any vegetables of your choice except ladies finger as it becomes sticky. Do not add too much salt. While using the stock for the actual soup you must adjust the salt according to your taste.