Spicy Squid In Mushroom Cups
Spicy squid masala stuffed inside fleshy mushrooms are just perfect as a starter for any get together. You can keep gobbling these little stuffed balls filled with desi Indian flavors. Squids itself are so juicy. When cooked in the right blend of masala and spices, they give out even more flavor and aroma. And the meaty mushrooms cups coated with crunchy bread crumbs are perfect to serve these delicious treats.
- Squid 8
- White Button Mushrooms 8
- Onion finely chopped 1
- Tomato finely chopped 1
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves chopped 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder 2 tsp divided
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp divided
- Garam masala powder 1/2 tsp
- Crushed fennel seeds 1 tsp
- Vegetable oil 2 tbsp
- Bread crumbs 1/2 cup
- Egg 1
- Red chili flakes 1 tsp
- Wash and clean the mushrooms.
- Carefully remove the stems.
- Chop the stems and keep it aside for later use.
- Now wash and clean the squids.
- Pressure cook them for 15-20 minutes with 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp red chili powder and 1 tsp ginger garlic paste.
- Chop the squids into smaller pieces and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the chopped onions and saute until they turn light brown in color.
- Now add 1 tsp ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell goes off.
- Next simmer the flame, and add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp red chili powder and saute.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes and saute until they turn soft and oil begins to appear on the top.
- Then add the finely chopped squid, chopped mushroom stems, garam masala powder and crushed fennel seeds and mix well.
- Add in the chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Switch the flame off.
- Now take the cleaned mushroom cups and fill each of them with the prepared filling.
- Beat an egg with a fork.
- Now dip the bottom and sides of each mushroom cup into this egg.
- And then transfer them to the bread crumbs to coat well.
- Place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree centigrade.
- Bake the mushroom cups for 20-25 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and chili flakes.
- Serve hot.
Serve as soon as possible, when they are still hot and crunchy on the outside.
Khaja / Kaja (Mahaprasad From Jaganaath Dham)
'Khaja' or 'pheni' is a crisp and flaky sweet that is a favorite of Lord…
Chia Seed Chocolate Pudding
Chia Seeds Chocolate Pudding, the name its self sounds super decadent and rich, but this…
Kaju Curry – White Gravy
Kaju Curry is served as the main dish of North Indian Cuisine. It is made…
Your Sweet Protein Treats This Christmas – Almond Cake
Many years back, my sister in-law, Lakshmi had given me some recipes for a variety…
Cheesy Chicken Ala Kiev
Chicken Ala Kiev Recipe is one of the popular appetizers of America, Russia, Ukraine and…
THANDAI CHOCOLATE BARK
Chocolate bark with beautiful flavours of exotic Indian spice mix called Thandai. An easy and…
5 Foods that are Good to Eat During Stroke Recovery
Unfortunately, strokes occur much more the older you get. They leave victims struggling with weakness, muscle spasms, speech impediments, and…
7 Significant Health Benefits of the Ketogenic Diet
“Ketogenic diet” or “keto diet” is one of the diets backed by science, people are considering having to achieve and…
How Many Calories Does A Tablespoon Of Brown Sugar Have? [INFOGRAPHIC]
How Many Calories Does A Tablespoon Of Brown Sugar Have? Sugar, Sugar, Sugar – Don’t eat sweets, it has sugar…
9 Cool Corporate Giveaways – Corporate Gift Ideas
What are some cool Corporate Gift Ideas? Here comes the festive season and if you own a company, thinking about…
From Banker To Blasting Cooker To Ace Chef – Meet Meghna Kamdar
Cooking ace Meghna recalls her journey as someone who couldn’t tell a spatula from a spoon to a globally acclaimed…
How To Brew The Perfect Cup Of Coffee
Nothing feels better than starting your day with a cup of joe. While buying coffee at your nearest coffee shop…