Egg And Cheese Topped Hash Brown Nest
Surprise your kids with this egg and cheese topped hash brown nest. Simple and easy to make, prepared using a mini pan over gas top.
- 1 large potato
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp grated cheese
- Pepper for seasoning
- Â½ tsp Oregano
- Â½ tsp Chilly flakes
- 2 tbsp oil
- Spring Onion greens for garnish
- Peel the potatoes skin and grate them. Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Heat the mini non stick pan over the gas top. Add oil and spread it all over.
- Reduce the heat and add the grated potatoes, spread them and level it and curve the edges up slightly. Let it cook on low heat for about 5 mins.
- Add a layer of grated cheese and break the egg gently over it. Add the remaining grated cheese and cook for couple of mins till the potatoes are golden and crisp and cheese starts to melt.
- Sprinkle the chilly flakes, pepper, salt to taste and dried oregano. Garnish with spring onions and serve. I served with Sweet Chilly Sauce.