Spicy Green Gram Balls
All time favorite healthy and easy moong dal ki goli.
- 2 cup green gram/ chilke wali moong dal
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp asafoetida
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 +2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garam massala powder
- 2 tsp dry mango powder
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp oil
- coriander leaves for garnishing
- Soak the green gram for 4 to 6 hour at least, wash and remove the skin, blend till smooth with 1 glass of water. Heat 1 tsp oil in non stick pan, add 1 tsp salt, ginger, garlic paste, asafoetida, 1 tsp turmeric and dal mix well,
- Now heat 1 tsp oil in a non-stick pan and cook the batter till it becomes thick in consistency like halwa. Cool down the mixture and divide into equal portion then make the balls, keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or a broth pan, pop the cumin, saute the onion. Now add dry spices cook for 2 minute, add chopped tomatoes, cook till oil separates.
- Now add the balls and mix well with spices. add lemon juice and garam masala powder Stir 2 minutes more, turn off the gas. Garnish with coriander serve hot along with tea.