Palak Paneer Dry
Kids turn up their noses at the mention of palak or spinach. But this dish will make them ask for a second helping for sure. Palak paneer is usually a gravy based dish made with onion and tomato paste. Palak paneer dry is an adaptation. it is quick and easy to make and can be used as a starter also. It is healthy and can serve as a good side dish for rotis and rice even for kids.
- Fresh paneer cut into thin blocks- 100 g
- Palak Spinach - a fistful cut finely
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
- Green chilli - 1 slit lengthwise
- Coriander powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Onion seeds kalonji - 1/4 tsp
- Cut the paneer into thin 1/2 inch slices and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan and add the cumin seeds and kalonji. As they splutter, add the finely cut spinach and saute for 3-4 minutes till it turns a little crisp.
- Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and cumin powder and saute for 1 more minute.
- Now add the paneer slices and mix well. Take care the paneer does not break.
- Add salt to taste and cook for 2 minutes. Add 1/2 tsp of butter and remove from stove. Serve hot.
No comments yet
I always make it gravy never thought of making it dry.