Mini Spinach Moong Pancakes
It is a super healthy food option. Yellow Green pancakes are basically a combo of green gram lentils and spinach. Where both main ingredients are rich in vitamins and good source of proteins and iron respectively. And taste is awesomeâ€¦ Make it this wayâ€¦ 🙂
- Â¾ cup Green gram Lentils Dhuli moong dal
- 1 cup washed and chopped Spinach
- 1 tsp Chilli powder as per taste
- 2 tbsp Chopped Corriander
- 2 Chopped green chillies
- 10 â€“ 12 Dices of cottage cheese
- Oil for roasting pancakes
- Wash the lentils and soak in water for 3-4 hours.
- After 3-4 hours grind it to a fine paste with minimal water or no water.
- Boil Spinach or pressure cook for 3-4 whistles.
- Let it cool and then grind it to a fine paste.
- Now combine the two-the lentils and spinach puree.
- Add salt, chilli powder,chopped green chillies,chopped coriander and mix well. The batter should not be very runny nor too thick.
- Correct the consistency of batter by adding little water.
- Now heat a non-stick pan or griddle(tawa) and spread a little batter for pancake on it.
- Cook from both sides with little oil.
- Similarly make other pancakes.
- Serve with chutney or sauces.
- Garnish with cottage cheese cubes.
- In this recipe you can make variations in seasonings of your choice … If making for kids avoid chilli powder and chopped green chillies.