Hot Spiced Apple Drink (For Winters And Gloomy Rainy Days)
This drink originating in Europe,most probably Russia is a very delicious apple beverage which is perfect for cold and rainy days.A cup of this taken in small sips drives away the cold,cures inner ailments like flu,cold and cough and enlivens your spirits.People preferring alcohol can use Apple Cider or you can even use fresh/packaged Apple Juice but I have made this with fresh red Apples and thoroughly enjoyed it on a Thursday of a very rainy week!Use fresh and whole spices for best results though you can also use them in powdered form.
- 1 kg Apples any variety
- 4 cup water
- 4 tbsp honey
- The Spices :
- 1 stick Cinnamon dalchini/1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 2 Cardamoms elaichi/1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 4 Cloves laung/1/4 tsp Clove Powder
- 1/2 tsp grated Nutmeg Jaiphal/1/4 tsp Nutmeg Powder
- 2 Star Anise Chakri Phool/1/4 tsp Star Anise Powder
- Chop Apples into quarters and remove seeds.Put chopped Apples and water in a blender and blend to make a fine paste.Strain the paste through a soup strainer into a saucepan.This should give you 4 â€“ 5 cups of juice.
- Heat the juice in the saucepan on the lowest heat and add all the whole spices.Cover the saucepan.Keep a timer at hand and boil for 15 â€“ 20 minutes till the flavour of the spices is amalgamated in the Apple Juice.
- Strain through a soup strainer into a jug.
- Divide the drink between 4 serving cups and drizzle 1 tbsp honey into the cups.Stir to mix.Float a Star Anise on top of the drink for a great presentation and sip it for ultimate comfort!
Recipe sponsored by Apis Himalaya Honey Visit Profile / Website
In collaboration with
No comments yet
I want these rainy days after seeing your recipe pic.