Healthmix powder/ Sathumaavu is widely used by south indian mother’s as a weight gain food for children. Adults too consume it for a healthy lifestyle. It is a combination of millets, grains, nuts, lentils which contribute to kids healthy weight gain and normally given in porridge form as first foods for infants after 7 months. To make it edible for toddlers and kids I have made it into cookies which can be a perfect healthy snack for their summer holidays.
1. The preparation time and cooking time mentioned in the recipe is only for cookie making as you can make Sathumaavu beforehand and use for this recipe. Store bought healthmix powder too works fine for this recipe.
2. The oven temperature and cooking time may vary. Adjust according to your oven.
3. Cookies will turn from dark brown to black within minutes so have an eye on it.
4. Cookies might look uncooked once taken out of oven. Cooling them for 10 minutes at room temperature will make it crisp.
5. You can make this Sathumaavu/ Healthmix powder in large quantities and store in an airtight container for 6 months kept in refrigerator.
6. This is a mildly sweetened cookie. Can add more cane sugar/ jaggery/ brown sugar for extra sweetness.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Rated 4.5 based on 4 votes
Be the first to rate this post.