Curry leaves contains iron, calcium, vitamin C and phosphorus. They are also high in proteins, carbohydrates and fibers. Even though they have so many health benefits, some people might not like using them directly. For such people, this recipe might be very useful to incorporate curry leaves in healthy diet. Can store this upto a month in room temperature
Best Sellers on Amazon
Yield / Serves
Fresh Curry leaves- 100gms
Red chilli -4
Urad dhal- 2tsp
Toor dhal- 2tsp
Bengal gram dhal -2tsp
Coriander seeds- 1tsp
Asafetida or hing- 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Wash and dry the curry leaves. Gather all the ingredients
Now dry roast all the above said ingredients stil it changes colour and raw smells goes off. Transfer it to the plate and let it cool a little
First grind all the ingredients except curry leaves to a coarse powder. Now add curry leaves and grind it again.
When it is powdered transfer it to a plate and let it cool completely before storing it in a air tight container. Enjoy this traditional south indian Gunpowder along with hot idly or dosa by mixing this powder with little sesame oil
- Dry roasting everything is important step to get a good flavor.
- Use a clean spoon for serving so that it stay fresh upto a month
- Can use this powder for making curry leaves rice
- This powder can be mixed with little water if your more health conscious and can bring it to a chutney consistent
- If your foodie like me mix 2tblsp of this powder in 2tsp of seasme oil and enjoy it with hot idly or dosa.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Rated 4.7 based on 3 votes
Be the first to rate this post.
Share on pinterest
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Browse by Served As
Browse Recipes By