This chutney Aloo is spicy, tangy and you cant stop yourself from eating it just like a chat! When my daughter asked mom what are you preparing for dinner ?I told her ALOO 😛 and she was like mom please "No More aloo",I am bored of this".Oh!I said ok you can have your bread cheese 🙁 When I served the dinner with my Chutney Aloo and hot Ajwain Paranthas,she said 'mom these potatoes are looking different' I said that have your bread cheese 😉 ,she kept her bread on a side and took a bite and asked for more. Haha!Such a sweet feeling you get as a mother that your kids are loving simple Aloo.
- Baby potatoes - 10 to 11
- Onion - 1 medium sized(thinly Sliced
- Coriander leaves 1/2 a cup
- Green chilies - 2 to 3 optional
- Oil for frying
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Coriander powder -2 tsp
- Dry mango powder-2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Method - Firstly par boil the potatoes and peel off its skin. Take coriander leaves and chilies and grind them in a mixer. Now Take a wok add oil around 3 tbsp and let it heat.
- Add sliced onions and fry them till they turn little brown in color. Now add the boiled potatoes in it and fry them till they start changing its color.
- When the potatoes are done add the coriander and chili paste in the fried aloo. Add salt,chili powder,coriander powder,dry mango powder and turmeric powder and mix it well.
- Your chutney Aloo are ready ( for more tangy flavor you can lime juice also)
Its a simple but different must try recipe.