Chenna Poda...my husband's one more favt item...this one u can call as Odisha Cake also In Odisha sweets are mainly prepared with chenna that is nothing but paneer...usually chenna poda os prepared by my husband But one day i just made it to give him surprise...n I am so happy to see a smiling face of my husband...its super moist from inside n crispy from outside An Odia who is staying outside of Odisha only can understand how we love to have this...whenever anyone is coming from Odisha...its must that they should bring this...we are eagerly waiting for this specially my husband so from now no more waiting...we can easily prepare this in home now
- Fist boil the milk...when it is boiling add vinegar water to this slowly n stir it slowly.
- It start curdles n chenna (paneer) separates from water.
- Now strain this chenna water...but not fully.Some chenna water should be there n chenna should be fresh...this is the key ingredient of chenna poda.
- Dont throw this chenna water...we will use this later in making the recipe.
- After some time...chenna is little warm, mash it n add the sugar to this...due to warmness of chenna sugar starts to melt n adds extra moisture to chenna.
- After 3 to 4 min...add sooji to this n mix it properly.At the end we will add baking powder n cardamom powder.
- Meanwhile add chenna water to this...by mistake i threw it(dont worry u can add normal water also)
- The mixture should be semi thick consistency...then only chenna poda will remain moist from inside.
- Finally add ghee to give extra flavour to this.
- Meanwhile preheat oven for 10 min at 220'C...grease baking dish with oil.
- Pour the chenna mixture to the baking dish n flatten it from all sides n tap it so that no more air bubbles are there.
- Bake it for 60 min at same temp...take out it from oven.
- Insert a tooth pick,if it comes out clean...its done.
- But i have to make the upper part little crispy n brown so i kept is inside oven in grill mode so that i will get the color.
- Now take out it from oven n make it cool down.
- Remove from baking dish n cut into pieces n have this yummy sweet of Odisha...
- The chenna should be fresh n mosit.
- One more thing is temp n duration of baking vary from oven to oven…so keep an eye while u bake it…