Quinoa Corn And Mushroom- Stuffed Baked Potato By Celebrity Chef Rakhee Vaswani
Celebrity chef Rakhee Vaswani says - Kids & adults often fancy baked potatoes. Here is a cheats way of making your Baked potato healthier by using quinoa and a healthier version of the white sauce (Barley Sauce). With nutritional options as ingredients being a fad, it works well for a healthy meal which is tasty & fancy at the same time. You can also make this on a cracker or crostini and enjoy it as beautifully!
- Ingredients for the baked potatoes base
- Potatoes Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 4 parboiled
- Oil Ã¢â‚¬â€œ for brushing
- Ingredients for the white sauce
- Butter Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 2 tbsp
- Barley attaÃ¢â‚¬â€œ 2 tbsp
- Milk Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 150 ml
- Stock Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 100 ml
- Salt and pepper Ã¢â‚¬â€œ to taste
- Ingredients for the filling
- White sauce Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 3 tbsp
- Corn Ã¢â‚¬â€œ50 gms boiled
- Mushroom Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 3Ã¢â‚¬â€œ4 minced
- Quinoa Ã¢â‚¬â€œÃ‚Â¼ cup
- Mozzarella cheese grated Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 50 gms
- Veg seasoning Ã¢â‚¬â€œÃ‚Â½ tsp
- Spinach Ã¢â‚¬â€œ a few leaves chopped
- Mixed herbs Ã¢â‚¬â€œÃ‚Â½ tsp
- Ingredients for the quinoa
- Quinoa Ã¢â‚¬â€œÃ‚Â¼ cup
- Vegetable Stock Ã¢â‚¬â€œÃ‚Â¾ cup
- Salt a pinch
- First make/boil Quinoa: Boil the quinoa with the stock and add a pinch of salt till fluffed up. This should take about 1520 minutes on a low flame.
- To bake Potato:_x000D_ Brush the potato with oil, sprinkle a little salt over it._x000D_ Wrap in an aluminum foil and bake in a preheated oven for 1518 minutes at a temperature of 160180 degrees._x000D_ Cool slightly and cut each baked potato.Scoop the center.
- To make Use ingredient under "Ingredients for the white sauce"_x000D_ Cook the barley atta and butter in a pan with a whisk for 12 minutes. _x000D_ Pour in the milk and stock gradually till the sauce thickens but still has a pouring consistency.
- Cook for a few minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- To make the filling: Use all the ingredients under "Ingredients for the filling " _x000D_ Mix the white sauce, mushroom, corn, quinoa, chopped spinach, aromatic seasoning and mixed herbs. Put it in a piping bag and pipe into the scooped potatoes.
- Add the cheese and bake in an oven for 10 minutes at 160 degrees. Decorate as shown in the picture.
This recipe which has been shared by Celebrity Chef Rakhee Vaswani from her book – PICKY EATERS” This book is about making everyday food fun, exciting and yummy for kids. It is targeted at mothers who have picky eaters (albeit of all ages!) at home, and whose children revolt at the mere thought of eating greens and who are constantly running out of nutritious lunchbox ideas._x000D_
Culinary Expert and Chef Rakhee runs Palate Culinary Academy to hone the skills of new cooks. You can follow Celebrity Chef Rakhee Vaswani on Twitter: @PalateStudio , Instagram: @palateculinary and her YouTube Channel Rakhee Vaswani_x000D_
Don’t forget to grab the copy of “Picky Eater”_x000D_