Paneer (Cottage Cheese) With Onion And Coconut Curry(Gravy)
- Oil â€“ 2 Tablespoons + 1 Tablespoon
- Curry leaves â€“ 4 to 5
- Onion sliced â€“ 2 medium
- Garlic cloves â€“ 4
- Turmeric powder â€“ 1 Teaspoon
- Fenugreek seeds â€“ 1 Teaspoon
- Fennel seeds â€“ 1 Â½ Teaspoons
- Cumin seeds â€“ 2 Teaspoons
- Coriander seeds â€“ 2 Teaspoons
- Dry red chillies â€“ 3
- Desiccated Coconut â€“ Â¼ cup
- Milk â€“ Â½ to 1 cup
- Paneer / Cottage Cheese â€“ 100 gm
- Heat 2 Tablespoons oil in kadai, add curry leaves, onions, garlic and saute for 1 minute or onion become light brown.
- Add desiccated coconut, fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, dry red chilies, turmeric powder, salt mix well. Cook for 1 minute. Let it cool down. Blend this mixture and make smooth paste.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in kadai, add paste, mix well. Add milk to adjust consistency of gravy and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or till curry become semi thick. Add paneer pieces, cook for 1 minute. Serve hot with roti.